Master in Management – SKEMA BS
The Grande Ecole: an international programme
Becoming the leaders of tomorrow.
· A global, multi-campus programme: campuses in France (Sophia Antipolis, Lille, Paris), China, USA, Brazil or South Africa
· Large variety of learning paths and a huge range of specialisations
· Dual skill learning paths, both optional and leading to a qualification
· International profile: courses taught in English from the first year
· Opportunities for immersion in our campuses abroad (with optional professional experience) and/or an international university exchange.
· Between 12 and 24 months’ experience in a company
· Innovative teaching and learning: six interdisciplinary teaching and learning projects and targeted, appropriate use of e-learning and m-learning teaching methods
· Specific focus on management in the knowledge economy
· An ability to generate sustainable performance
Language of instruction: English
Length: 2 or 3 years (with GAP year either in year one or year 2)
Degree: MIM - Master in Management - Programme Grande École
Tuition fee: €30,000 for the 2 years
Location: 5, quai Marcel Dassault- CS 90067 92156 CEDEX Suresnes, France
- Proficiency in English
- Holding a degree obtained outside France after at least 3 years of higher education (Licence, Bachelor, Benke…)
- Test Score ( GMAT – GRE – Tage Mage – CAT)
FIRST YEAR ("M1" year):
Students joining the M1 programme at SKEMA will study Advanced Business Management. This is the first year of a two-year master programme whose principal aim is to help you develop a deeper understanding of business management principles and provide you with an opportunity to develop your international experience.
All courses are taught in English and followed by students across all SKEMA campuses. Depending on your academic background and choice of M1 programme, you will study two prerequisite courses and one refresher course or elective.
The prerequisite courses will be taught as of the beginning of the autumn semester. You may choose one "Academy Profile" course that allows you to gain further experience in a chosen academic field.
During the autumn semester, you will also be asked to choose your spring 2020 track choice.
You may choose between:
- an international campus,
- the CFA Level 1 specialisation (Paris campus only)
- undertake a work experience year (césure) from January to December 2020 before returning to complete your M1 year in January 2021 with an academic semester on an international campus, CFA Level 1 or an exchange with one of our university exchange partners.
Students joining the school may also apply for the, two-year apprenticeship track (Lille, Paris), two-year specialised tracks.
These programmes are taught on the Lille campus and are accessible via a selection process and subject to number of places available: DEMOLA, CFA Level 1. (Paris campus only)
ACADEMIC TRACK CHOICE SPRING SEMESTER
From September, students will be able to choose their academic track choice for the spring semester. Certain track choices may be subject to selection criteria. Students are given the opportunity to meet with their academic director to help them ensure that their final choice is coherent with their personal and professional goals.
SECOND YEAR ("M2" year):
Specialisation and getting into the world of work
During the second year, students acquire a specialisation. This final-year specialisation and internship are key to employability.
This year’s teaching and content is entirely in English as part of an MSc (for students enrolled in the specialised masters, teaching is also carried out in French).
Students may do this year on any of SKEMA’s campuses worldwide (one semester or one year), in academic exchange (one semester or one year), as a double degree (“Master 2” with our partners) or in apprenticeship (all French campuses).
- Start an online application
- Upload your documents
By applying through Join a School in France, you apply to Skema BS but also to 4 other schools (HEC Paris, emlyon BS, ESCP Europe, Audencia BS). Finally, you choose the school you wish to attend. Thus, you increase your chances of being selected.
- Transcript of records
- Diploma or school certificate
- Written test (Tage Mage/ GMAT/ GRE)
- English test (TOEIC/ IELTS/ TOEFL)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- ID photo
- Résumé (CV)
- ID card
85% of graduates of the Master in Management are employed 3 months after their graduation. 30% are employed by a company outside of France.
The Master in Management prepare students for the following professions:
- Sales – Business engineering : 19%
- Marketing : 17%
- Administration, Finance, Accounting : 12%
- Supply – Purchasing : 11%
- Consulting : 10%
- Audit : 8%
- Communication: 5%
- Human Resources : 3%
- Head Office : 3%
QUESTIONS REGARDING THE MIM AT SKEMA BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Accor Hotels
- BNP Paribas
- Société générale
- JC Decaux
Is it still possible for MiM students to do an internship in France or elsewhere? If so, what could be the duration of the internship?
Yes the internship ( optional) can be done either in France or worldwide. No restriction in terms of country.
At the end of Master 1, all students may undertake a company placement. ( 3 to 4 month) – Up to 6 month company placement at the end of Master 2.
Gap year is also possible either in year 1 or year 2. It is an optional work placement enabling students to identify their career plans, gain insight into workings of a company and tus choose their final year specialization.
Could the MiM be paired with an apprenticeship program?
Yes it can be paired. We do offer 2 options:
What are the possibilities for students to get scholarships or financial aid?
- A 2 year apprenticeship track (available on Lille & Paris Campus ). This programme is taught in French and is subject to number of places available.
- A 1 year apprenticeship track (available on Lille & Paris Campus ) is also available in the year 2 of the master. This programme is also taught in French and is subject to number of places available.
We automatically have a look on each file of every students to offer them a excellence scholarship worth 2.800€
What job employability opportunities are there currently in France, especially during this COVID-19 pandemic?
93% of our students have found employment 4 month after graduation. 60% of our graduate are working in France. Every student will be help by our Talent & Careers department will guide them to make their career ambitions become a reality. It is a personalised support adapted to every student. A specific coaching programme is offered to each of them into our MIM Over 150 events organised each year to facilitate the development of your professional project, 2500 companies who hire our talents and six digital partner platforms that give you access to millions of offers and for example give you access to practice tests, business videos, CV templates etc..
Youtube Video - Skema Business School (Campus in Paris)
READ THE BROCHURE OF THE MASTER IN MANAGEMENT AT SKEMA BUSINESS SCHOOL
Any questions about the MiM program at Skema Business School?